[c-nsp] All RRs down

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Mon May 10 13:13:26 EDT 2010

On Monday 10 May 2010 11:02:20 pm Nam NGUYEN wrote:

> Thanks a lot for your quick feedbacks. I now have a
>  better understanding of the scenario. In my network, the
>  optical links between the client routers and RRs have
>  had problem a few times due to transportation faults
>  from service provider, so I'm now afraid of a time when
>  they all die.

I'm unfamiliar about your topology, but you might consider
looking for ways to reduce dependence on route reflectors
that are far away from clients separated by shaky transport
links.

How you do this is very specific to your setup, so all I can
offer is a general idea on how to mitigate against a total
route reflector blackout for part of your network.

Cheers,

Mark.