[c-nsp] combing 7600 power supplies

Łukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Mon May 10 18:54:07 EDT 2010

On 2010-05-10 22:21, Kevin Loch wrote:
> I migrated from a 2500w AC power supplies (running at 120v/1250w) to
> 2500w DC power supplies without any reboots or problems so
> you can mix and match AC/DC supplies of the same rating.

Right. No mysterious reboots should be observed when moving the power
supplies, even if one is higher/lower wattage than the other. Just
make sure the one that will be left in the chassis for a moment has
enough power to hold all the system/LCs up and running which is
pretty obvious.

Take a look here BTW:
http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_tech_note09186a008015bfa8.shtml

--
"Everything will be okay in the end.  |                 Łukasz Bromirski
  If it's not okay, it's not the end." |      http://lukasz.bromirski.net