[c-nsp] 3750-E + CVR-X2-SFP10G + SFP-10G-SR = disappearing media

Matthew White (MAWHI) mawhi at vestas.com
Tue May 11 11:50:21 EDT 2010

Hi Wim,

Thanks for your reply.

It appears that all of the values are withing normal operating parameters:

#show int ten2/0/2 trans det
ITU Channel not available (Wavelength not available),
Transceiver is internally calibrated.
mA: milliamperes, dBm: decibels (milliwatts), NA or N/A: not applicable.
++ : high alarm, +  : high warning, -  : low warning, -- : low alarm.
A2D readouts (if they differ), are reported in parentheses.
The threshold values are calibrated.

                              High Alarm  High Warn  Low Warn   Low Alarm
          Temperature         Threshold   Threshold  Threshold  Threshold
Port       (Celsius)          (Celsius)   (Celsius)  (Celsius)  (Celsius)
--------- ------------------  ----------  ---------  ---------  ---------
Te2/0/2     44.2                75.0        70.0         0.0       -5.0

                              High Alarm  High Warn  Low Warn   Low Alarm
           Voltage            Threshold   Threshold  Threshold  Threshold
Port       (Volts)            (Volts)     (Volts)    (Volts)    (Volts)
---------  ---------------    ----------  ---------  ---------  ---------
Te2/0/2    3.29                  3.63        3.46        3.13       2.97

           Optical            High Alarm  High Warn  Low Warn   Low Alarm
           Transmit Power     Threshold   Threshold  Threshold  Threshold
Port       (dBm)              (dBm)       (dBm)      (dBm)      (dBm)
Te2/0/2     -2.5                 1.7        -1.3        -7.3      -11.3

           Optical            High Alarm  High Warn  Low Warn   Low Alarm
           Receive Power      Threshold   Threshold  Threshold  Threshold
Port       (dBm)              (dBm)       (dBm)      (dBm)      (dBm)
Te2/0/2     -2.9                 2.0        -1.0        -9.9      -13.9