[c-nsp] Huawei instead of Cisco

Łukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Thu May 13 12:45:58 EDT 2010

On 2010-05-13 16:39, Gert Doering wrote:

>>> What about the CPE side?  We have been offered Huawei devices to be
>>> used as G.SHDSL.bis termination devices (on the CPE side), and they
>> Out of curiosity, what are you doing that necessitates that 1841+WIC instead of the much cheaper 878 / 888, or even 1803?
> Well, the 878 seems to be end-of-production...
> Besides that, I've been told that the smaller ones are not powerful enough
> to run 5.7 or 8Mbit SHDSL.bis lines.  This might not be correct, but we've
> not specifically tested them yet.

The 888/888E may be of interest to You. It easily fills in the
G.SHDSL wire-speed with services, the drawback for 888E being it's
available right now only with 15.1(1)T image.

--
"Everything will be okay in the end.  |                 Łukasz Bromirski
  If it's not okay, it's not the end." |      http://lukasz.bromirski.net