[c-nsp] BGP load balancing (outbound)

amps djamps at gmail.com
Mon May 17 12:42:10 EDT 2010

Let's say I wanted to send traffic to even AS's out peer 1 and odd AS's out
peer 2.

Am I crazy?  (Seems better than using metrics based solely on static IP
ranges...)

Would this work?

route-map TRANSIT-1-IN permit 10
 set as-path prepend last-as 1
!
route-map TRANSIT-1-IN permit 20
 match as-path 105
 set local-preference 210
!

route-map TRANSIT-2-OUT permit 10
 set as-path prepend xxxxx
!

route-map TRANSIT-2-IN permit 10
 match as-path 106
 set local-preference 210
!

route-map TRANSIT-2-OUT permit 10
!

ip as-path access-list 105 permit [02468]$

ip as-path access-list 106 permit [13579]$