[c-nsp] Leaking VRF routes

Ge Moua moua0100 at umn.edu
Tue May 18 12:01:54 EDT 2010

There were a few requests for this, so I'm just going to post this to
the distro-list.  This was done about a year and half ago, but I recall
that this was a working config snippet:
* the idea at the time was to terminate a L2L IPSec tunnel in a given
VRF "A"
* using VRF-aware IPSec, drop the decrypted traffic to VRF "B"
* one had to export the RD
* also had to run BGP (this was already mentioned in a previous thread)

In the end we decided not to go with this config and just terminate the
IPSec tunnel in the global table, as the global table already had the
hooks into the other custom VRF by default.

- Ge

!
ip vrf FVRF-L2L_NTS-TEST
  description VRF Lite * (VRF-Aware IPSec) Front-Door VRF to (MPLS VRF)
"tc" * Encrypted Data Transport for L-2-L IPSec (Single Customer) "NTS Test"
  rd 217:599
  route-target export 217:1001
  route-target export 217:599
!

!
ip vrf IVRF-L2L_tc
  description VRF Lite * (VRF-Aware IPSec) Inside VRF to (MPLS VRF) "tc"
* Decrypted Data Transport for L-2-L IPSec (VRF Wide) "UofMn - Twin
Cities General Campus"
  rd 217:1001
  route-target import 217:599
!

!
router bgp 65535
  no synchronization
  bgp log-neighbor-changes
  no auto-summary
  !
  address-family ipv4 vrf FVRF-L2L_NTS-TEST
   redistribute static
   no synchronization
  exit-address-family
!

ip route vrf FVRF-L2L_NTS-TEST 134.84.4.232 255.255.255.248 134.84.4.222
name ROUTE-LEAK-TO-IVRF-VIA-BGP-REDIST

!
no ip access-list extended CRYPTO-ACL_NTS-TEST
!
ip access-list extended CRYPTO-ACL_NTS-TEST
  remark ## [START] Extended ACL "CRYPTO-ACL_NTS-TEST" ##
  remark ## Crypto ACL * IPSec Interesting Traffic Between L-2-L IPSec
End-Points "NTS Test" ##
permit ip any 134.84.4.232 0.0.0.7
  remark ## [END] Extended ACL "CRYPTO-ACL_NTS-TEST" ##

crypto map CRYPTO-MAP_NTS-TEST 1 ipsec-isakmp
  no reverse-route static

--

Regards,
Ge Moua