[c-nsp] To XR or not to XR

terry.snatinsky at sympatico.ca terry.snatinsky at sympatico.ca
Wed May 19 10:33:06 EDT 2010

We are runing GSR IOS-XR on a lmited border platform. It's been stable but the version we are running is nearing EOL. We will be moving to another version once we certify it in our lab. You are correct that the boot time is longer but the main thing is that actual conversion and or code upgrade time. This can take up to 4 hrs to complete with all of the SMU's that may need to be added. You can get away with this in a fully meshed Core or Border perpective but from a Customer facing direction you will probably get in trouble for taking your Customers down for up to 4 hrs.

Terry.