[c-nsp] Available bandwidth less than actual link speed - QoS on 4500 Sup6e

Tom Lusty TLusty at csnstores.com
Wed May 19 12:21:22 EDT 2010

Thought I would update the thread with what was finally figured out.

As Arie was able to confirm (see below) the 4500 Sup6e doesn't support the hierarchical model.  But with the help of TAC a work around was found.   The idea is that you use a one interface port-channel to effectively apply two policies.  So you would apply the policer to the port-channel interface, and then the queuing to the physical interface.  This allows us to replicate what the hierarchical model would have done for us in this situation.

I know I was banging my head on this one for a while, so hopefully this will spare someone else from a similar headache.

-Tom Lusty