[c-nsp] MSFC3 storm control

Timothy Kaufman tkaufman at corp.nac.net
Thu May 20 11:39:46 EDT 2010

We have a 6509 with sup720 MSFC3 and a X6516-GE-TX line card.
Multicast and broadcast storm control is configured on this card.

I have been working with a Cisco TAC tech on a case.
He told me that in the event of a multicast storm, storm control will block BPDU's on the WS-X6516-GE-TX.
This statement contradicts what the document below states (it looks like the 6700 modules suppress BPDUs):

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SX/configuration/guide/storm.html#wp1051541

I want to know if anyone has come across anything like this, or if anyone knows which statement is true?

Tim Kaufman
Net Access Corp.