[c-nsp] Route-map vs WCCP

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Thu May 20 22:59:06 EDT 2010

On Thursday 20 May 2010 09:19:46 pm Mohammad Khalil wrote:
> Dears
>
> when implementing a cache engine what is the best way to
>  do it , route-map or WCCP ?

WCCP is generally preferred due to its "resiliency" in case
a cache server becomes unavailable.

PBR works too but has no knowledge of the state of the cache
server. It's great for testing though, as WCCP (from the
time I played with it) was not particularly consistent re:
stability between various trains or train revisions.

Things could have changed now, though. The network I play
with now can't support caching due to the business model. So
I haven't done the caching thing in a bit :-).

Mark.