[c-nsp] Ethernet Interfaces Speed and Duplex - Force or Auto

Mark mark at edgewire.sg
Fri May 21 14:49:23 EDT 2010

There are reasons why you don't set it to "auto". Working in a post production facility back then has taught me that some of the issues with final cut pro dropping frames when dumping to a raid storage can be caused by one side "downgrading" to 100 from 1000 and that would cause some grief. I usually set it to 1000 forced and if it drops, it drops. This holds especially true when you are dealing with video streams.

Mark