[c-nsp] Nexus 7k CoPP

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Mon May 24 00:09:03 EDT 2010

On May 24, 2010, at 10:55 AM, Lincoln Dale wrote:

> actually, CoPP is not hard as such because if anything you don't have to be specific as to what the 'destination' is, since its only ever matching against traffic already destined to control-plane,

Sure, but you must do it for *every device*, whereas iACLs can be deployed only at one's edges.

I definitely recommend starting out with what's effectively a permit/deny rACL-equivalent for CoPP, then becoming more and more specific later, as more operational experience is gained.

    Injustice is relatively easy to bear; what stings is justice.

                        -- H.L. Mencken