[c-nsp] Cisco Switch Packet Buffering Matrix?

Seth Mattinen sethm at rollernet.us
Tue May 25 00:15:14 EDT 2010

On 5/24/10 3:16 PM, Skeeve Stevens wrote:
> If it requires an NDA or me having to talk to Cisco to find out this basic information, then I will drop Cisco off the list for consideration as you rightly point out, the others all provide this detail upfront.
>
> How does Cisco expect us to sell them as a superior product against other vendors if the information is not available?

You have to give them credit where it's due: Cisco is very good about
providing all kinds of docs compared to, for example, Brocade. I could
never imagine buying a Brocade product if I have to pay to read a
manual. I'm really big on researching things myself.

Cisco is not good at other things like disclosing the true capabilities
of QoS on the 3560/3750 switches (as a downgrade from the 3550) and buffers.

~Seth