[c-nsp] Multicast Issues on ESM 20+

Jorge L. Rodriguez Aguila jorge.rodriguez at netxar.com
Tue May 4 09:09:23 EDT 2010

We are currently testing some triple play and in some of our sites when there is no client connected for a while to the DSLAM, when a client connects for testing the Unicast stream is initiated but afterwards it fails to join a Multicast group. Resetting the entire ESM 20 solves the issue until Mcast traffic is 0 for a while, then the issue repeats. We are running (c7600s72033_rp-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.2(33)SRC. Has anybody ever run into this?

Jorge Rodriguez
Senior Voice/Data Consultant
Netxar Technologies
PCS 7876888530