[c-nsp] Best practices for Cat6500

Robert Hass robhass at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 09:19:10 EDT 2010

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 12:59 PM, Phil Mayers <p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk> wrote:

>> 3) Automatic BGP refresh
>>
>> When I change something in route-map for inbound BGP prefixes I
>> noticed that Cat6500 automatically refresh inbound BGP router
>> (automatically doing something like clear ip bgp x.x.x.x in). Is is
>> new feature in SXI4a ?
>
> Really? Are you sure?

Yes. I checked this again few minutes ago on two 6500s in LAB. First
one is running 12.2(33)SXH4 and second one is running 12.2(33)SXI4a. I
simply modified inbound route-map (applied on neighbor) - changed
local-preference on both switches. And switch running SXI4a
automatically refreshed (without clear ip bgp ... in) inbound routes
and applied changes done within route-map.
Robert