[c-nsp] SNMP-Check of DMVPN Tunnels?

Garry gkg at gmx.de
Wed Nov 3 14:08:40 EDT 2010

Hi,

we've set up a customer with a DMVPN with multiple sites, including
redundant routers and links. Now, using regular Layer3 methods, it's not
possible to check whether a DMVPN link is up or not, e.g.: Site A has
two Hub routers, Site B has two spoke routers. Both Spoke routers
connect to both hub routers. EIGRP takes care of the routing, preferring
the link between the two primary routers. Using ICMP, all I can see is
that I can reach both spoke router's DMVPN IPs. I can't tell though,
whether B2 has an active tunnel to A2, as the routing via A1-B1 link.

Are there any SNMP fields I can query to see whether the links are up?

Tnx, Garry