[c-nsp] two questions - please help

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Thu Nov 4 14:02:49 EDT 2010

On Thu, 4 Nov 2010, Deric Kwok wrote:

> 1/ How can I upgrade the firmware. Do I need to register? Anything I
> should prepare and know?

As others have mentioned, there are too many unknowns to give you a good
answer to this question.  I would recommend starting with a search on
Cisco's website, using search terms like "software upgrade (model number
of your device)" or "IOS upgrade (model)" if you know it's an IOS device.
If you have the a CCO account, or have the ability to get one, using that
is a good idea too.  Many Cisco software downloads are restricted to
registered users, plus having a CCO account plus valid support contracts
allows you to open support cases with the TAC.

> 2/ For site to site vpn, How do I know when seteup is successful?

When the device tells you it's up and you can exchange traffic with
devices on the far end of the tunnel.

It's generally helpful if you provide more detail when asking for this
kind of help, along with mentioning what other troubleshooting or data
gathering you've done up to that point.  That can help people answer
questions more accurately, and it shows that you've tried to do some of
the work on your own.

jms