[c-nsp] FYI: SXI5 posted

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Mon Nov 8 21:23:05 EST 2010

I've been running this in our lab and "test backbone" node for some time.  There appears to be little/no impact for our environment compared to SXI4a.

Going from SXF to SXI is a fairly decent jump.  If you run BGP with a full or semi-full table, expect to see slower RIB -> FIB (TCAM) population of routing changes.

Then again, if you need 4-byte-asn support, SXI is really where you want to be for now.

- Jared