[c-nsp] Strange 6509 ipv6 static routing behavior

Keegan Holley keegan.holley at sungard.com
Tue Nov 9 04:44:06 EST 2010

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 4:45 PM, Randy McAnally <rsm at fast-serv.com> wrote:

> *C3750:
>
> c3750#sh run | i ipv6 route
> ipv6 route 2620:100:5007::/48 Null0
>
> c3750#sh ipv6 route 2620:100:5007::1
> IPv6 Routing Table - 1 entries
> Codes: C - Connected, L - Local, S - Static, U - Per-user Static route
>       R - RIP
>       O - OSPF Intra, OI - OSPF Inter, OE1 - OSPF ext 1, OE2 - OSPF ext 2
>       ON1 - OSPF NSSA ext 1, ON2 - OSPF NSSA ext 2
> S   2620:100:5007::/48 [1/0]
>     via ::, Null0
>
> Now on the 6509 w/3bxl
>
> c6509#sh run | i ipv6 route
> ipv6 route 2620:100:5007::/48 Null0
>
> c6509#sh ipv6 route 2620:100:5007::1
> % Route not found
>
> 6509#sh ipv6 route static
> IPv6 Routing Table - 6 entries
> Codes: C - Connected, L - Local, S - Static, R - RIP, B - BGP
>       U - Per-user Static route
>       I1 - ISIS L1, I2 - ISIS L2, IA - ISIS interarea, IS - ISIS summary
>       O - OSPF intra, OI - OSPF inter, OE1 - OSPF ext 1, OE2 - OSPF ext 2
>       ON1 - OSPF NSSA ext 1, ON2 - OSPF NSSA ext 2
>
> So where is it?

Can you recreate this on other switches running the same code? The only
thing I can think of is to try to debug while adding the static routes.  You
can probably get away with a "debug ipv6 routing" for a few seconds without
the production switch keeling over if you have to.  You might also need to
debug the cef process.  This obviously depends on what the switch is used
for and your network in general.