[c-nsp] CCO Login to ftp.cisco.com hosed [was Re: FYI: SXI5 posted]

Jason Gurtz jasongurtz at npumail.com
Tue Nov 9 09:31:32 EST 2010

> What's more while waiting for the server farm to work out how to serve
> web pages I've discovered that my FTP access to CCO has now also been
> lost so I can't get in that way either anymore.  I can log in with my
> CCO login just fine but can't get into the /cisco directory to get at
> the images.  Has anyone else recently lost their FTP access or was it
> just me?
>
> ftp> cd cisco
> 550 /cisco: Permission denied
> ftp>
>
> That most definitely used to work.

I got an email notification in September that ftp access was going
anonymous only and things would be restricted in early October.  I guess
we now know how far behind the web team is.  ;)

I had a short conversation with ftp_download_feedback at cisco.com about how
bad of a decision this was, business cases, etc...  A fruitless waste of
time I see.

~JasonG