[c-nsp] Virtual-Templates Limitation

Jake Jake 2012jake at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 11:24:10 EST 2010

Hi,

I has a requirement of terminating PPPoE session from the CPE on individual
Virtual-Templates. But with the current IOS
c7600rsp72043-advipservicesk9-mz.122-33.SRD2a.bin on a 7606 the maximum
number of virtual-templates that it supports is  200. Is there anyway of
extending that limit with an IOS upgrade? Also any idea on the limit of
Virtual-Template on 7200/ASR 1000 series routers and will there we any
impact on performance if high number of VT's are created?

Jake