[c-nsp] Difference between CRS-MSC-40G and CRS-MSC-40G-B

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Tue Nov 9 15:21:05 EST 2010

On Tue, 9 Nov 2010, Nathaniel Bernadeau wrote:

> Can someone please tell me the difference between these two.  Or point me to
> a link.

-B has the same functionality and performance but changed/updated
hardware. For instance some memory modules are soldered instead of in a
socket. -B also looks different, weighs less and has a lower power draw.

You need a more recent XR version to run -B. If you're running a recent
enough XR version there should be no downside to choosing -B version.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se