[c-nsp] SXI4a or SXI5

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Nov 11 11:21:49 EST 2010

On 11/11/10 16:18, Randy McAnally wrote:
> If you were coming from SXF train and doing only a few basic tasks:
>
> * Full BGP tables from several upstreams
> * Several hundred SVI's (with counters)
> * Basic netflow
>
> 1. Which would you prefer and why?

SXI5; you're making such a big jump anyway that you might as well go for
the newer version. SXI5 has virtually no new features, but a lot of
bugfixes which is generally (I find) a good sign in an IOS release.

> 2. Any gotcha's when going from SXF ->  SXI?

Can you be more specific?

One thing: per-interface netflow under SXI. Your existing interfaces
will be converted fine, but you will want to watch for template configs
for new interfaces.