[c-nsp] Unstable IOS Version for LNS on Cisco 7206 NPE-G2

Eninja eninja at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 03:55:23 EST 2010

Kevin,

Do you have the crashinfo files or TAC SR # of your SegV crash? If yes, please share.

Either way, I'd hate to bust your bubble and this is the last time I'll say this, SegV exceptions in IOS are always caused by software bugs.

Mem corruptions/leaks/fragmentations, parity errors, failed hardware etc. will be appropriately reported in the crashdumps and discerning expert engineers are able to quickly decipher and resolve.

As you probably know, incompetent level 1, 2 TAC 'personnel' always throw hardware at everything so they "band-aid issues, close your case and move on to the next one.

Your VAM might have failed, but it's failure is a separate issue from your SegV outage.

eninja

www.multiven.com - simple, efficient & affordable maintenance for all networks™