[c-nsp] 3750 Software Joy

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Fri Nov 12 16:20:03 EST 2010

On 12/11/2010 20:38, Sean Granger wrote:
> I'm aware that the 3750X are SUPPOSED to be "backward" compatible, but
> when the stack master tries to load the software, it says they're
> incompatible system types.
>
> Am I really going to have to buy an IP Base to IP Services e-license for
> the 3750X's just to get them into the stack?

See:

> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps5023/prod_white_paper09186a00801b096a.html#wp9000068

"The Cisco StackWise technology requires that all units in the stack run
the same release of Cisco IOS Software. When the stack is first built, it
is recommended that all of the stack members have the same software feature
set - either all IP Base or all IP Services. This is because later upgrades
of Cisco IOS Software mandate that all the switches to be upgraded to the
same version as the master."

So it looks like you'll need to downgrade the ipservices box or upgrade the
ipbase boxes.

Nick