[c-nsp] Bridging Serial Interfaces

John Neiberger jneiberger at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 18:06:44 EST 2010

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 3:40 PM, Todd Shipway
<todd at newfrontierssolutions.com> wrote:

> The issue is that no traffic will pass over the bridge.  Router1 is unable to ping router2 and vice versa.  Any ideas as to what I'm missing with this?

It's been forever since I've played with serial bridging, but I seem
to recall that unless you have IRB configured, you have to disable IP
routing in order to bridge IP. Do you have IP routing disabled on the
router that's acting as a bridge? If you need to have IP routing
turned on, I believe you need to configure integrated routing and
bridging.

I may be wildly wrong, so take this with a grain of salt.  :)

John