[c-nsp] DFC3CXL CPU

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Nov 15 10:31:42 EST 2010

On 15/11/10 15:24, Nick Hilliard wrote:
> On 15/11/2010 15:30, Sergey Nikitin wrote:
>> I'm interested in Netflow Data Export (NDE) performance on the DFC3CXL:
>> does it have the same NDE performance as RSP720 or is it more like SUP720?
>
> The DFC3XL does not do NDE.  This is done by the RP on the RSP720 / SUP720.

Actually, as I understand it in certain configurations the NDE packets
can be generated and emitted by the DFC CPU. As I recall, certain
netflow options and/or masks prevent this from happening, and require
the RP CPU to either modify the NDE packets which the DFC CPU generates,
or generate the packets itself.

IIRC things like src/dst AS number and other things you'd expect the RP
to know, but the DFC to not, come into this category.