[c-nsp] GLC-LH-SM vs SFP-GE-L

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Tue Nov 16 04:57:29 EST 2010

Yes.

Cisco doesn't even support their own optics depending on the device.

Make sure the device you are using supports the GLC vs SFP.

Basically: If you didn't buy the optics with the device, it may not work even with service unsupported-transciever, even if the optics are cisco purchased.  I've asked various BUs to support other cisco sold optics and been told basically: "We don't care about you, go pound dirt."

- Jared