[c-nsp] GLC-LH-SM vs SFP-GE-L

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Tue Nov 16 05:47:15 EST 2010

On 16/11/2010 11:02, Mark Tinka wrote:
> We've been able to run GLC-* type modules in routers like
> the 7201 with no problem. I haven't tried the reverse on a
> switch.

Last time i tried, an NPE-G2 refused to accept a GLC-SX-MM.  You can
imagine that this was surprising, to say the least.  I will not repeat the
sentiments or language that were expressed by the individuals involved at
the time, but let's just say that it was considered Deeply Unhelpful that
Cisco commodity hardware was not compatible with, uh, other cisco commodity
hardware.

This is a software version dependent, and that GLC-SX-MM transceivers will
work on an NPE-G2, if you have the right software.

More information on:

> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/transceiver_modules/compatibility/matrix/OL_6981.html

Nick