[c-nsp] ASR 9k and 100GE

tim tim at haitabu.net
Tue Nov 16 06:47:45 EST 2010

Hi list,

Short question about the ASR 9006/9010:

Do I need to replace the switch fabric (or something else - like with
the GSR/12000 series when upgrading to 12400/12800) when 100GE is
available?  Or do I just buy a new 100GE Linecard and put it into the
chassis?

(We "found" some money in the budget for this year and are thinking of
buying some ASR 9k with 10GE Linecards and replacing (one-by-one) some
Cisco 12410.  Later these ASR 9k should carry 100GE links.  So if I need
to make bigger upgrades to the ASR 9k to make them 100GE capable, it is
probably not profitable.)

Thanks,
-tim