[c-nsp] Nexus BGP Default local-preference

Manu Chao linux.yahoo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 04:11:48 EST 2010

Hey Matt,

Default BGP NX-OS distance are following: EBGP*—*20, IBGP—200

Distance configuration is a sub command under address-family.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/5_x/nx-os/unicast/command/reference/n7k_unicast_cmds_5x.html

*distance **ebgp-route ibgp-route local-route*—Configures a rating of the
trustworthiness of a routing information source, such as an individual
router or a group of routers. BGP does not use discard routes for next-hop
resolution. In general, the higher the value, the lower the trust rating. An
administrative distance of 255 means the routing information source cannot
be trusted at all and should be ignored. Use this command if another
protocol is known to be able to provide a better route to a node than was
actually learned via external BGP (eBGP), or if some internal routes should
be preferred by BGP. Range: 1 to 255. Default: EBGP*—*20, IBGP—200.

R/