[c-nsp] ASR1k IOS recommendation

Garry gkg at gmx.de
Thu Nov 18 02:41:31 EST 2010

Hi,

we'll be receiving two ASR1k boxes these days (another one to be ordered
shortly), and I was wondering which IOS I should be using ... we did
some tests on a router provided by Cisco, which hasn't been long ago,
and it seems like they're rolling out new version daily ... currently,
there's 2.4 through 2.6 and 3.1S available for download, with different
minor versions ... requirements are "regular" stuff like BGP, OSPF, MPLS
support ... any comments as to which release would be the "most stable"?

Tnx, -garry