[c-nsp] 7609_uRFP Performance Impact

Łukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Thu Nov 18 15:28:52 EST 2010

On 2010-11-18 21:02, Victor Lyapunov wrote:

> I am examining the prospect of enabling urfp in a cisco 7609 / RSP 720
> platform, for subscriber facing interfaces.
> My needs are covered by plain strict urpf (no acls, or multipath
> support is needed). According to documentation traffic failing urpf is
> supposed to be handled in hardware.

Yes, but bear in mind with current generation of the PFC (B/C) the
uRPF mode is global for the whole chassis.

> Is the "mls unicast ip rpf-failure" rate limiter needed in the case of
> strict urfp? or its usage is limited to
> packets failing uRFP check when ACL / multipath is needed?

Yes:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SX/configuration/guide/dos.html#wp1140986

--
"Everything will be okay in the end.  |                 Łukasz Bromirski
  If it's not okay, it's not the end." |      http://lukasz.bromirski.net