[c-nsp] Blackhole Inbound Traffic

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Fri Nov 19 04:23:54 EST 2010

On Thursday, November 18, 2010 11:21:05 am Pete Templin
wrote:

> Likewise, your blackhole routes need to
> be longer than existing routing entries, or the
> more-specific routes will take precedence, regardless of
> local-pref.

Which is why we limit customers to /32 (v4) and /128 (v6)
when sending routes to us for blackholing. It's more
resource-intensive, but ensures customers know what they're
doing. Better that than allowing customers to blackhole
whole ranges of space :-).

Mark.