[c-nsp] vs Nexus 1000V

Arne Larsen / Region Nordjylland arla at rn.dk
Sun Nov 21 07:46:13 EST 2010

Hi all

I trying to get hold of some documentation on the Nexus 1000V, and how it works exactly.
I'm a newbie to 1000V implementation, and I would therefore much appreciate documentation that describes how the call's are routed between the ESX-hosts, Virtuel Ethernet module and the virtual hosts on the ESX.
All I can find on the web is documentation on the configuration of the setup and how to maintain it.
But it doesn't describe what exactly happens when packet are switched ( or routed via the vm-kernel module).
I hope someone can point me towards some documentation or litterateur the can give a more detailed description on the implementation.

/Arne