[c-nsp] Alternatives to 3750 w/ Stackwise?

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Nov 26 10:50:19 EST 2010

On 25/11/10 00:35, John Elliot wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have an existing POP with 7200(G2) and a 3560 - The POP is growing
> a lot quicker than anticipated, and we have had to add another 3560
> to accommodate new client eth connections...the 2nd 3560 is connected
> via PortChan to the 1st 3560(Not ideal).

If you just want a layer2 switch, there are lots of options. A stack of
3750s, obviously. The new 2960S (haven't used these).

Also worth a look are the Extreme SummitStack (x450, x460, x480) series
devices. We use these and are very happy with them. They're fast, cheap,
and pretty full featured.

There are also Juniper EX series.