[c-nsp] Alternatives to 3750 w/ Stackwise?

Jeff Kell jeff-kell at utc.edu
Sat Nov 27 11:31:41 EST 2010

On 11/27/2010 4:23 AM, Alan Buxey wrote:
> I find the etherchannel support to be prettypowerful though...much more wholesome
> on the 3750 or 2975 than the 2960s - which has poor stacking (much lower speed, only
> 4 members in a stack) and far less port-channel capability.. 6 channels per stack IIRC

The cross-chassis etherchannel does everything the fixed-chassis
etherchannel does, except PAgP.

3560s/3750s will etherchannel load-balance on src/dst MAC/IP or xor of
src/dst.  2950s/3550s only do src or dst MAC.

And Alan is probably closer to the truth with his 6.5 minute boot
estimate than my 5 minute estimate.  It's long enough to start packing a
jump bag and preparing for a field trip :)

Jeff