[c-nsp] How to run a scheduled script to grab interface stats

Mihyar Baroudi mbaroudi at progrizon.com
Mon Nov 29 10:18:54 EST 2010

You can use the Embedded Event Manager (EEM) to do this.

In config mode, do:

    event manager applet MyPolicy
    event timer cron cron-entry @daily
    action 1.0 cli command cli-string
    action 2.0 cli command cli-string
    action 3.0 cli command cli-string

Replace the cli-string with whatever CLI commands you want to run.

If you like, you can replace the @daily with @hourly, @weekly ...etc. or a complex cron entry. Something like "0-59/1 0-23/1 * *
0-7"

A more sophisticated implementation can be done with Tcl scripts to run the cli commands, extract the data, then deliver it in any
format you want.

mbaroudi at progrizon.com