[c-nsp] High CPU caused by interupt on 7600 router

Benjamin Lovell belovell at cisco.com
Fri Oct 1 11:56:26 EDT 2010

ELAM captures only one packet at a time so it's not as useful for figuring out what packets are causing high CPU. An RP-inand SPAN will be much better. Once you find out which packets are going to the CPU and you think that maybe those packets should not have hit the CPU then ELAM could be useful.

BTW - there is no customer facing docs about ELAM as they are engineering level commands. That said it's pretty easy to capture an IP packet in ELAM. Reading all the fields in the DBUS and RBUS headers is another matter.

-Ben