[c-nsp] BFD and IPv6 on 6500?

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue Oct 5 08:55:27 EDT 2010

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 05, 2010 at 02:17:45PM +0200, Daniel Verlouw wrote:
> yes, an IPv4 BFD down event will tear down the whole adjacency.

Thanks for confirming this.

> Note
> that when running MT, you'll also have to enable IS-IS IPv4 topology on
> the interface the same time, otherwise IS-IS won't register as a client
> to BFD.

Mmmh, I was afraid someone would say that - since we're not running IS-IS
for IPv4, changing IPv6 to IGP won't help me there, then...

On a related tangent - what timers are people using for OSPFv3 in SX* IOS
these days?  We recently had a problem with a flaky ethernet circuit
(going over some other carrier's MPLS network) where OSPFv3 never noticed
the problems, but iBGP sessions across that circuit died...

EIGRP for IPv4 + BFD noticed and re-routed just fine.

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de