[c-nsp] Limiting Interface Traffic

Per Carlson pelle at hemmop.com
Wed Oct 6 05:00:16 EDT 2010

>> I would easily trade 2) with a double height (2RU) box,
>> and then there are (probably) space for putting the PSU
>> in front, i.e also cover 3).
>
> You sound like you need an MX80, but then the network is in
> the front too, just like the power :-).

Except that a MX80 is even deeper than a 36/3800X.

We do have some small PoPs equipped with wall mounted "telco racks".
Rear access is hard/impossible, and having a switch sticking out 30 cm
isn't nice...

Maybe C/J could make foldable switches :-)

--
Pelle

RFC1925, truth 11:
 Every old idea will be proposed again with a different name and
 a different presentation, regardless of whether it works.