[c-nsp] Limiting Interface Traffic

Roger Wiklund copse at xy.org
Wed Oct 6 06:34:57 EDT 2010

When we ran 3750 switches we did srr queue bandwith for egress, and
policing on ingress, as mentioned earlier, you may need to increase
the Bc (Burst) in order to cope with TCP sawtooth.

A quick and dirty workaround if you have plenty of ports would be to
create a dummy vlan, put 2 of the ports in the dummy VLAN, and one of
the port in the real VLAN.  One of the dummy VLAN ports connect to the
customer, the other dummy VLAN port connects to the real VLAN port in
the same switch, and voilia you can use srr-queue bandwith limit for
both in and out. Just put it on the port towards the customer, and on
the port that has the real VLAN.

I have used this to overcome ACLs on switched interface that can only
be applied in the incoming direction.

Regards
Roger