[c-nsp] neighbor remove-private-as don't work on PE-CE

Cory Ayers cayers at ena.com
Wed Oct 6 11:41:16 EDT 2010

> yes you got me now
>
> but as you know , in route-map configuration i can only prepend to the
> as-path no delete
>
> i mean that prepend action adds a given number of occurrence of
> specific ASN
> to the current AS-Path but it doesn't modify it
> it can't be used to remove/delete some AS strings from it
>
> so how i can edit AS-path for received updates ?

If the customer is provisioned inside a VRF you could use the AS-override feature to rewrite each AS Hop in the path to the configured BGP neighbor ASN.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/switch/command/reference/swi_n1.html#wp1034057

If that doesn't work for you, it sounds like a custom application that you would need to build.  I believe a similar topic came up on the list about a year ago and some people mentioned peering with Quagga and programmatically rewriting the AS path attribute, but these were special case scenarios.

Why do you need to manipulate the path attribute?  What are you trying to accomplish?  Perhaps there is another approach.

Cory