[c-nsp] Forcing "point-to-point" PIM operation over Ethernet

John Neiberger jneiberger at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 10:12:49 EDT 2010

We've tried disabling those traps, but the router still sends link
up/down messages because of the PIM neighbor changes. It's really
frustrating. We assumed that disabling link-status traps at the
interface level would actually disable link-status traps. ;) What were
we thinking??  lol

In fact, it seems to me that we should turn the interface level traps
back on and then disable PIM traps globally. That will fit better with
what we really want to accomplish.

Thanks again,
John