[c-nsp] Need help with setting up ip multicast routing...correction

Steven Pfister SPfister at dps.k12.oh.us
Mon Oct 11 16:14:23 EDT 2010

Thanks for your help... I think I almost got it but I'm running into a problem. It turns out the encoders on the remote site aren't connected directly to the 4506, but go to a 2960-48TC-L first. The IOS on that switch doesn't seem to support ip multicast routing and I tried to find one that does (I had to upgrade the switch the servers are connected to). Does the 2960 not support multicast routing? All other switches involved see pim neighbors now.

Steve Pfister
Technical Coordinator,
The Office of Information Technology
Dayton Public Schools
115 S. Ludlow St.
Dayton, OH 45402

Office (937) 542-3149
Cell (937) 673-6779
Direct Connect: 137*131747*8
Email spfister at dps.k12.oh.us

>>> John Neiberger <jneiberger at gmail.com> 10/11/2010 11:24 AM >>>
Every routed hop in the path must be running PIM and your layer two
interfaces need to have IGMP enabled.

Let us know how it goes!
John