[c-nsp] OSPF Convergence time on Dynamips

Tony td_miles at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 13 02:59:06 EDT 2010

--- On Wed, 13/10/10, Jeferson Guardia <jefersonf at gmail.com> wrote:
> Guys,
>
> Why ospf takes so long to load when labbing on dynamips?
> Particulary in lan
> segments it almost takes forever ,if anyone has any method
> to improve the
> convergence time, I would love to hear it!

More RAM or more CPU if your box is struggling ? I know that when I have large dynamips setups and I do a "wr mem" on a router it can cause OSPF to flap.

Have you lowered the OSPF timers ?

I have used one second OSPF hello timers on dynamips LAN segments without any problems. Convergence takes 4-5 seconds on a link going down. The only thing that might be different is that I only ever had two devices on the LAN segment (ie. I was using it to simulate a point to point link).

regards,
Tony.