[c-nsp] Getting Jerks over the video

Jeff Wojciechowski Jeff.Wojciechowski at midlandpaper.com
Wed Oct 13 09:10:23 EDT 2010

Daljit Singh asked:

>I have two routers (Cisco 7609) in 1+1 configuration. We are providing Video services over multicast to the customer. We are getting jerks on each video.

>We have checked the mroute table and bandwidth also, all seems looking correct. Total multicast traffic is 400 mbps.

>Is it any way to troubleshoot this type of issue on the router.

I've never done multicast I would think a good place to being would be to check the QoS you have in place for video (see if you have drops in the queue that video is going through).

If you don't have QoS this might be a good place to start researching: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk543/tk757/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094968.shtml

Just my 2 cents....

Thanks,

-Jeff

This electronic mail (including any attachments) may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure to anyone other than its intended recipient(s). Any dissemination or use of this electronic mail or its contents (including any attachments) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please delete the original message in its entirety (including any attachments) and notify us immediately by reply email so that we may correct our internal records.  Midland Paper Company accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage from use of this electronic mail, including any damage resulting from a computer virus.