[c-nsp] Monitoring 3750ME TCAM utilisation

Raymond Lucas rlucas at nz1.ibm.com
Wed Oct 13 19:34:29 EDT 2010

Hi all,

We currently have a client with 60 odd 3750MEs, and every now and again we
run into issues with certain sections of TCAM being full.  With too many
routes or when trying to install too-large QoS ACLs, it gives you a useful
warning message that things won't fit.  The most recent example however has
seen the IGMP/multicast routing area filled and there is no message to
speak off.  They are running 12.2(44)SE6, so if this behaviour has changed
more recently that would be good to know.

I've had a look and I don't believe there are any SNMP OIDs related to the
TCAM usage.  The only other option I can think of is using EEM to generate
alerts based on the output of "show platform tcam util".

If anyone has any other suggestions or has already solved this problem I
would love to hear about it.

Regards,
Ray Lucas