[c-nsp] Unusual Problem with Catalyst 6500 and Sup702-3b

Stephan M. Mackenzie stephan.mackenzie at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 21:24:24 EDT 2010

qos3outlost is 0's across the board

# show int  | i drops
Input queue: 0/75/90/90 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops: 87

There was only 1 interface with output drops...

And no interfaces with errors more than 1 ( frame errors )

I have a spare chassis, and I am expecting the 6748-SFP card tomorrow, so I
might try to bring up a test environment and see if I can replicate the
issue or see if it goes away...

do you think there is any problem with the MSFC3 cards being different
versions?

2.3 vs 2.5

If the ports had mismatch, would it be possible for 1 test from say Toronto
to run slow, and a test on the same server from Amsterdam to run fast?

I have a networking contractor coming tomorrow to look at it, I have a
feeling though its going to take some process of elimination to identify the
buggy piece of the puzzle.

I wish I had a spare Sup720, I may just pull out the standby card to test in
the other chassis.

Or pick up a card, the market seems good for 3BXLs right now

Thanks again for your ideas and help

Stephan