[c-nsp] BPDU

Mike mike-cisconsplist at tiedyenetworks.com
Mon Oct 18 16:14:36 EDT 2010

Nick Hilliard wrote:
> On 18/10/2010 19:23, jack daniels wrote:
>
>> To put my Q in other words -
>>
>> How does BPDU go in RPVSTP -does BPDU of RPVST goes as a payload in vlan ?
>>
>> How does BPDU go in MSTP-  how the BPDU for all vlans in a instance go ?
>>

> Why not do what most other people do when they have a question: look for
> yourself.
>
> You have an MST capable switch, right? And an rpvst+ capable switch?  And a
> copy of tcpdump / ethereal?  What's stopping you from looking this up yourself?
>
> And if you don't have either type of switch, don't you have a google on
> your computer?
>
> I don't mean to be rude by suggesting this. I'm suggesting it because if
> you ask and someone tells you, you'll forget the answer in a week.  If you
> go to the bother of looking it up yourself, you won't forget for a long time.

Nick you do participate here and I certainly appreciate that, but your
response here is really rude. According to your logic, why should anyone
ask any questions at all? An answer, if provided, would be helpful to
not only him but others who read the list - maybe im casually interested
in the answer too. I think chiding him like this is counterproductive
and I'd really rather have people talking here and sharing this kind of
info than not. So lets let people do that and not shun them away, ok?

Mike-